What are the minimum hardware/software requirements to access the online training?
In order to complete the required Mentor Sessions, you will need a desktop or laptop computer with reliable internet access and a computer headset in order to join the online sessions.
To access and complete the online training modules the minimum system requirements are as follows:
- 0.5 Mbps (recommended 1+ Mbps), wired connection or Wi-Fi connection
Windows Operating Systems
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® AtomTM 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- Intel CoreTM Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
- If you are using a Google device such as a Chromebook the device will display the course PDF documents with its internal software. Adobe Acrobat need not be installed on the system.
Before beginning, please make sure you have done the following.
- Disabled Pop-up Blocker
- Depending on your organization’s security settings you may need to make the learning center URL a Trusted Site
Tablets and Smartphones
- Using iOS or Android operating systems are supported