What are the minimum hardware/software requirements to access the online training?
You will access WebEx Meeting Center on your desktop or laptop computer in order to attend the webinar sessions. Your computer must have reliable internet access and a computer headset (or microphone and speaker) in order to join the online meeting sessions. If needed, you may use your phone to join the audio connection for the webinar.
To access and complete the online course components the minimum system requirements are as follows:
- 0.5 Mbps (recommended 1+ Mbps), wired connection or Wi-Fi connection
Windows Operating Systems
- 2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® AtomTM 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory
- Intel CoreTM Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
- Mac OS X v10.6, v10.7, v10.8, or v10.9
- Safari 5.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17, Google Chrome, or Opera 11
- 512MB of RAM; 128MB of graphics memory
- If you are using a Google device such as a Chromebook the device will display the course PDF documents with its internal software. Adobe Acrobat need not be installed on the system.
Before beginning, please make sure you have done the following.
- Disabled Pop-up Blocker
- Depending on your organization’s security settings you may need to make the learning center URL a Trusted Site
Tablets and Smartphones
- Using iOS or Android operating systems are supported