The Foundation Course curriculum will cover the following topics:
- The role of Integrative Health Coaching in the transformation of healthcare.
- Research on the efficacy of Integrative Health Coaching.
- Patient Centered Care, the Wheel of Health (WOH) and Personalized Health Planning as they relate to Integrative Health Coaching.
- The change process including the review of key concepts of the neuroscience of change and existing behavior change models and theories.
- How to effectively utilize coaching skills such as other-focused listening, reflections, inquiry and summary to assist clients in articulating their desired behavior changes, health vision and goals.
- How to effectively utilize the Duke IM Integrative Health Coaching Process Model to assist clients in establishing their optimal health vision and values, exploring their readiness to make behavior changes, setting goals and action steps, and assessing progress over time.
- Components of an effective partnership between client and coach.
- Mindful awareness and its role in enhancing the application of coaching skills, process and partnership.
- The global structure of a coaching series that occurs over time, as well as the structure and objectives of each session within a coaching series.
- Advantages and challenges of group coaching and the integration of coaching elements with group facilitation skills.
- Ethical considerations for the coaching profession.
Continuing Education Credits Available
Those who successfully complete all the course modules and requirements will earn a Certificate of Completion, Continuing Education Units, and International Coach Federation Continuing Coach Education (CCE) Credits.
International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching (ICHWC): This program is an ICHWC-Approved Transition Program. Successful graduates meet the training eligibility requirements (for the Transition Phase) to sit for the HWC Certifying Examination required for health & wellness coaches to become National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coaches (NBC-HWC).