Integrative Health Coach Professional Training
Mastery in the field of integrative health coaching comes with practice, skill development, and personal supervision. The Certification Course is designed to deepen your understanding and application of the core coaching competences and to offer you an excellent forum to achieve an expanded professional level of proficiency in the field. Click here to learn more about the history and leadership of our program.
About the Certification Course Curriculum:
The Certification Course is a secondary level of training that is open only to those who have completed the Foundation Course. This course is designed to deepen the learning and application of the core integrative health coaching competencies. This distance learning course offers greater opportunity for individualized supervision and small group learning experiences that continue to expand upon the learning community developed in the Foundation Course.
Benefits of completing the Certification Course include:
- Professional recognition as a certified integrative health coach
- The invitation to add your professional contact information to the Duke Integrative Medicine website - a resource for potential clients
- Belonging to an expanding professional network of peers in this field
Course Design and System Requirements:
The Certification Course is delivered distance learning via web and teleconferencing over a 6 month period. Those who complete all requirements for the Certification Course earn a Certificate of Completion and are certified as an integrative health coach by Duke Integrative Medicine. Required course components include:
- Individual supervision and support for 9 sessions by our senior integrative health coach instructors
- Regular telephonic group learning sessions with coaching demonstrations and modeling of skills
- Full access and use of the online course website
- Completion of self-paced lessons to bolster your mindfulness practice and enhance your coaching through the incorporation of mindfulness
- Documentation of 100 hours of professional coaching* with your own client base (agreements and signed consent forms for a minimum of 4 coaching clients must be obtained prior to the start of the course; contact the program coordinator for the appropriate forms)
- Successful completion of both an oral and a written examination
*Some participants will require more time to complete their 100 coaching hours in order to qualify to take the oral examination. The oral examination may be taken up to a full year from the start of the course in order to meet the needs and schedules of those in the training.
The minimum system requirements for participation are as follows:
- Telephone with ability to dial long-distance numbers
- Internet access
- Latest version of the following free software programs (downloaded and installed):
- Mozilla Firefox web browser
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Shockwave Player
In order to work with your own clients during the Certification Course, it is recommended (although not required) that students obtain their own professional insurance. Upon completion of the Certification Course, graduates will be required to provide proof of insurance in order to have their professional contact information included on the Duke Integrative Medicine website.
No application is required for registration. Graduates and current Foundation Course participants may contact Guest Services at 1-866-313-0959 toll-free for further information and to register.
Standard Duke Integrative Medicine cancellation policies apply.
Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education &Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of Authorized Provider status, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is authorized to offer IACET CEU's for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.