Integrative Health Coach Professional Training
Mastery in the field of integrative health coaching comes with practice, skill development, and personal mentoring. The Certification Course is designed to deepen your understanding and application of the core coaching competences and to offer you an excellent forum to achieve an expanded professional level of proficiency in the field. Click here to learn more about the history and leadership of our program.
About the Certification Course Curriculum:
The Certification Course is a secondary level of training that is open only to those who have completed the Foundation Course. This course is designed to deepen the learning and application of the core integrative health coaching competencies. This distance learning course offers greater opportunity for individualized mentoring and small group learning experiences that continue to expand upon the learning community developed in the Foundation Course.
Benefits of completing the Certification Course include:
- Professional recognition as a certified integrative health coach
- The invitation to add your professional contact information to the Duke Integrative Medicine website - a resource for potential clients
- Belonging to an expanding professional network of peers in this field
The IHCPT Certification Course is designed to help participants meet the following learning objectives:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the 9 stages of the Integrative Health Coaching Process Model.
- Select appropriate strategies to support clients in making a desired health behavior change to support their optimal health.
- Identify the structure of an Integrative Health Coaching session as well as a series of sessions.
- Explore the impact of a mindfulness practice on the Integrative Health Coaching relationship, specifically when encountering challenging coaching interactions.
- Apply Integrative Health Coaching skills, process, and partnership through practice sessions with your classmates and instructors.
- Enhance professional skills through the opportunity for mentored feedback on both live and recorded coaching sessions.
The Certification Course is an instructor-led distance learning course that provides an advanced level of training on the professional application of Integrative Health Coaching skills. Those who complete all requirements for the Certification Course earn a Certificate of Completion and are certified as an integrative health coach by Duke Integrative Medicine. Required course components include:
- 8 Group Sessions: Small group instructor-led distance-learning sessions with coaching practice and feedback from instructors and the fellow participants
- 3 Mentor Sessions: Individual sessions for personalized feedback on audio recordings of professional coaching
- 5 Web Based Trainings (WBTs): Online, self-paced modules which guide learners through the course content
- 8 Demonstration Videos: Illustrations of the use of Integrative Health Coaching skills, process, and partnership
- Documentation of 50 professional coaching sessions (each session must be at least 20 minutes in duration)
- Successful completion of both an oral and a written examination
The minimum system requirements for participation are as follows:
- Internet access
- Desktop or laptop computer with headset or internal speaker and microphone in order to participate in the Group Sessions and Mentor Sessions using WebEx online meeting center
- Audio recording device for recording coaching sessions
In order to work with your own clients during the Certification Course, it is recommended (although not required) that students obtain their own professional insurance. Upon completion of the Certification Course, graduates will be required to provide proof of insurance in order to have their professional contact information included on the Duke Integrative Medicine website.
No application is required for registration. Graduates and current Foundation Course participants may contact Guest Services at 1-866-313-0959 toll-free for further information and to register.
Standard Duke Integrative Medicine cancellation policies apply.
Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education &Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard, which are widely recognized as standards of good practice internationally. As a result of Authorized Provider status, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is authorized to offer IACET CEU's for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard.