Integrative Health Coach Professional Training
Mastery in the field of integrative health coaching comes with practice, skill development, and personal mentoring. The Certification Course is designed to deepen your understanding and application of the core coaching competences and to offer you an excellent forum to achieve an expanded professional level of proficiency in the field. Click here to learn more about the history and leadership of our program.
About the Certification Course Curriculum:
The Certification Course is a secondary level of training that is open only to those who have completed the Foundation Course. This course is designed to deepen the learning and application of the core integrative health coaching competencies. This distance learning course offers greater opportunity for individualized mentoring and small group learning experiences that continue to expand upon the learning community developed in the Foundation Course.
Benefits of completing the Certification Course include:
- Professional recognition as a certified integrative health coach
- The invitation to add your professional contact information to the Duke Integrative Medicine website - a resource for potential clients
- Belonging to an expanding professional network of peers in this field
The IHCPT Certification Course is designed to help participants meet the following learning objectives:
- Gain a thorough understanding of the 9 stages of the Integrative Health Coaching Process Model.
- Select appropriate strategies to support clients in making a desired health behavior change to support their optimal health.
- Identify the structure of an Integrative Health Coaching session as well as a series of sessions.
- Explore the impact of a mindfulness practice on the Integrative Health Coaching relationship, specifically when encountering challenging coaching interactions.
- Apply Integrative Health Coaching skills, process, and partnership through practice sessions with your classmates and instructors.
- Enhance professional skills through the opportunity for mentored feedback on both live and recorded coaching sessions.
The Certification Course is an instructor-led distance learning course that provides an advanced level of training on the professional application of Integrative Health Coaching skills. Those who complete all requirements for the Certification Course earn a Certificate of Completion and are certified as an integrative health coach by Duke Integrative Medicine. Required course components include:
- 8 Group Sessions: Small group instructor-led distance-learning sessions with coaching practice and feedback from instructors and the fellow participants
- 3 Mentor Sessions: Individual sessions for personalized feedback on audio recordings of professional coaching
- 5 Web Based Trainings (WBTs): Online, self-paced modules which guide learners through the course content
- 8 Demonstration Videos: Illustrations of the use of Integrative Health Coaching skills, process, and partnership
- Documentation of 50 professional coaching sessions (each session must be at least 20 minutes in duration)
- Successful completion of both an oral and a written examination
The minimum system requirements for participation are as follows:
- Internet access
- Desktop or laptop computer with headset or internal speaker and microphone in order to participate in the Group Sessions and Mentor Sessions using WebEx online meeting center
- Audio recording device for recording coaching sessions
In order to work with your own clients during the Certification Course, it is recommended (although not required) that students obtain their own professional insurance. Upon completion of the Certification Course, graduates will be required to provide proof of insurance in order to have their professional contact information included on the Duke Integrative Medicine website.
No application is required for registration. Graduates and current Foundation Course participants may contact Guest Services at 1-866-313-0959 toll-free for further information and to register.
Standard Duke Integrative Medicine cancellation policies apply.
Continuing Education Credits Available:
DMIE0079: Duke Integrative Medicine Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program – Certification Program Course (08/03/15 – 12/31/15)
In support of improving patient care, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is accredited by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
Physicians: Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development designates this live activity for 29 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Partial credit is not awarded.
Nursing: Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development designates this live activity for 28.5 contact hours for nurses. Partial credit is not awarded.
Pharmacists: This activity is assigned Universal Activity (UAN) # for Pharmacists: 0851-0000-15-047-B04-P, and is accredited for 29 hours. Partial credit is not awarded.
It is the policy of Duke University Health System Clinical Education and Professional Development to ensure balance, independence, objectivity and scientific rigor in all of its educational activities. The following decisions were made free of the control of a commercial interest: needs identification; determination of educational objectives; selection and presentation of content; selection of all persons and organizations in a position to control content of the education activity; selection of educational methods; and evaluation of the education activity. Those in a position to control the content of this activity (faculty, planning committee, reviewers) have disclosed any relevant financial relationships with commercial interest to the provider. Any personal conflicts of interest have been resolved prior to the education activity being delivered to learners.
Participants must attend the entire course in order to earn credit. Verification of participation will be noted by signature. No influential financial relationships have been disclosed by planners or presenters which would influence the planning of the activity. If any arise, an announcement will be made at the beginning of the session. No commercial support has influenced the planning of the educational objectives and content of the activity. Any commercial support will be used for events that are not CE related. There is no endorsement of any product by Joint Accreditation or Duke University Health System Clinical Education and Professional Development associated with the course.
DMIE0079/COURS1125: Duke Integrative Medicine Integrative Health Coach Professional Training Program – Certification Course (08/03/15 – 12/31/15)
Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has been approved as an Authorized Provider of continuing education by the International Association for Continuing Education &Training (IACET), 7918 Jones Branch Road, Suite 300, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2013 Standard, which is widely recognized as the standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized Provider status, Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2013 Standard.
Duke University Health System Clinical Education & Professional Development is authorized by IACET to offer 2.9 CEUs to participants who meet all criteria for successful completion of these educational activities. Successful completion is defined as (but may not be limited to) 100% attendance, full participation and satisfactory completion of all related activities, and completion and return of evaluation at conclusion of the educational activity. Partial credit is not awarded.
The International Coach Federation (ICF) has approved this program for Continuing Coach Education (CCE) hours: 26 CCEs in Core Competencies and 3 CCEs in Resource Development.